Cost to Climb Everest Base Camp - 2023
When considering the extensive range of Team Mount Everest climb prices that we detail below, please bear in mind that the majority of trekkers booking a climb with us opt for one of the two routes we principally recommend: 10 day Gosainkunda Lake and Everest Base Camp Trek or 12 day Gosainkunda Lake and Everest Base Camp Trek.
Our Best Selling Routes
Given the multitude of routes available, you might find yourself a bit overwhelmed before embarking on your journey. To assist you in navigating this extensive list of options, it may be helpful to note that, based on our clients' preferences in 2023, the following routes seem to be the most popular, listed in order of popularity:
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Unique - 10 day Gosainkunda Lake and Everest Base Camp trek
Key to Climb Prices
- 🔒 For climbers or groups that want to keep their climb private
- 🔓 For climbers wanting to open their climb to others
Prices per person are determined by the size of the booking group, and not necessarily the number of climbers that ultimately climb together.
Mount Everest Base Camp Price List - Our 7 Bestselling Treks
Prices are per person in USD.
|No. in group 👉||Solo 🔒||Solo 🔓||2 🔓/🔒||3 🔓/🔒||4 🔓/🔒||5 🔓/🔒||6 🔓/🔒||7 🔓/🔒|
Mobiles: scroll right for larger groups 👉
Currencies and Payment Methods
We accept SWIFT / SEPA / BACS and wire transfers in the following currencies:
💵 US Dollars
💷 Pounds Sterling
We accept Visa, MasterCard and AMEX payments in 💷 Pounds Sterling only - most card issuers convert to your bank's currency at 0% commission.
How to Pay for your Climb, Safari or Kathmandu Excursion
Securing your climb and/or day trips with Team Mount Everest involves submitting a non-refundable booking deposit. This deposit, amounting to USD 150 per person per event (climb or safari), encompasses the value of any additional nights' accommodation, upgrades to standard inclusive accommodation, and services contracted to third parties, including safari lodges, hotels, or domestic air or road transfer providers.
Upon receipt of the deposit, Team Mount Everest allocates the corresponding portions of this payment to third parties such as hotels or transport providers. Subsequently, these funds become non-recoverable in the event of a client requesting a cancellation.
In instances where a client needs to adjust their dates, our suppliers will apply the credited values toward alternative requested dates. Should date amendments extend beyond the current tariff period, a relevant surcharge will be invoiced to cover the disparity between the current and new rates. This is necessary to ensure the booking on future dates is maintained.
Paying your deposit
This is possible in two ways:
- By bank transfer. We are able to receive payments in USD, GBP, or EUR. If paying in GBP or EUR the requested sum in USD will be converted using the xe.com mid-market exchange rate on the day the funds are requested, and this rate will be valid for 48 hours.
- By credit or debit card. To address the sense of uncertainty with possible last-minute changes to travel plans imposed by airlines and changing government policy, we are temporarily using the services of a UK-based card payment processor (Stripe UK), rather than our usual card payment processor (Decta).
The advantage of this measure is that we are now able to receive payment of final balances just 28 days prior to the event start date, as opposed to 45 days prior, as was necessary when using Decta. The disadvantage of using Stripe UK is that card invoices are payable in GBP. However, while this may ostensibly appear to be a disadvantage, we have so far found that card issuers have actually converted currencies either at Interbank rates, or in some cases, at slightly better rates than the xe.com mid-market rate.
While it is impossible to anticipate what rate your card issuer will charge, it appears very unlikely to date, that any climbers will be penalised when paying in GBP, irrespective of what currency their funds are held in. Nonetheless, climbers should please understand that any possible deductions levied by their card issuers remain their own risk and will not be discounted by Team Mount Everest.
Paying your final balance
There are three options for this:
- By bank transfer in USD, EUR, and GBP. Please see above for more detail.
- By credit or debit card. Please see above for more detail.
- In cash in USD on arrival. However, since the majority of our costs to suppliers are nowadays payable electronically, we cannot usually accept more than around 30% of your total costs in cash in USD. (Exceptions may exist when joining a group in which the other climbers are not paying in cash).
Is there a surcharge applicable to card payments?
Can I pay with American Express?
Tipping In Nepal
In Nepal, tipping culture is not as prevalent or expected as it is in some other countries. However, tipping has become more common, especially in tourist areas and upscale establishments.