Commonly Recommended Vaccinations
The recommended vaccinations for Nepal may vary based on factors such as the duration of your stay, specific activities planned, current health status, and personal preferences. However, common vaccinations generally recommended for travellers to Nepal include:
- Routine Vaccinations: Ensure that you are up to date on routine vaccinations, such as measles-mumps-rubella (MMR), diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis (DTaP), varicella (chickenpox), polio, and influenza.
- Hepatitis A: Recommended for all travellers, as hepatitis A can be contracted through contaminated food or water in Nepal.
- Typhoid: Vaccination is advised, especially if you plan to eat street food or drink untreated water.
- Hepatitis B: Considered for travellers who may have intimate contact with locals or require medical treatments.
- Rabies: Recommended if you anticipate activities that may bring you into contact with animals or if you plan to stay for an extended period.
It's important to consult with a healthcare professional or travel medicine specialist to assess your specific needs and receive personalised recommendations based on your medical history and travel plans. They will provide up-to-date information on vaccinations and preventive measures for a safe and healthy journey to Nepal.